Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 12, 2013

This morning, as I drove into Dan Daniel Park, I saw two deer on the hillside. I turned the car around, rolled down my window, got my camera ready and went back to take a photo of the deer. By the time I got back, they were gone. However, there were a couple of squirrels there, and one was eating a pine cone. I took its picture instead of the deer. As we were walking up a hill to a place I had seen a hawk the day before, Sadie ran through the tall grass, and took some pictures of her. One is posted here, and I used a special effect to make the shot more interesting. The hawk wasn't there. We saw a number of different song birds along the trail, but the most interesting was a chickadee I saw eating berries from a tree near the river. I have a couple of shots here. On the way back to the car, a fellow walker told me that he had just see a couple of river otters playing around and fishing at the bridge near the Public Works Department. We walked back the mile to the bridge, but by the time we got there, there was no sign of the otters. There will be another day for taking pictures of otters. It was a very good morning on the Riverwalk Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment