Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 26, 2013

(CLICK image to make it larger) This afternoon on the Riverwalk, the weather was mild (low-40s) and the ice on the trail had mostly vanished. Sadie and I were alone for the most part with only a lone jogger passing us 10-minutes into our walk. I thought I had arrived to late in the afternoon to take any pictures, but got a few shots of some ducks (canvas back and mallards) under a bridge) and then noticed an unusual large bird on a limb of a fallen tree that was jutting out over the river. As I looked closer, I noticed a very cold heron on that limb and took some pictures. As I moved around, I got a stately profile of the beautiful bird. I regretted that we had disturbed its peaceful rest on the limb and it flew off shortly after we had passed by. It was another beautiful day on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment