Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20, 2013

(Click Photos to Enlarge) Very odd, I think. This morning I saw a couple of bluebirds "house hunting" on the Riverwalk trail near Dan Daniel Park. The male was sitting on top of the house and the female was perched on the outside of the entrance, looking in. I haven't seen this activity often, but noticed it several times over the past few weeks, but each of the other times involved a male bluebird sitting on top of the house. I watched some chickadees playing around in the trees and a few downy woodpeckers eating berries in the same trees. The flood waters are receding, and the water fowl are now back on the river in larger numbers. Though the river is still swift, the ducks and geese are hugging the shore and I saw several flocks of Canada geese flying over (a beautiful sight). It was a good day on the Riverwalk trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment