Friday, February 1, 2013

JANUARY 31, 2013

It was a very windy and cold, but sunny afternoon at the Riverwalk this afternoon. The river was high and the geese had taken refuge on the fields near Dan Daniel Park. A small group of ducks were in a cove, but no water fowl were braving the heavy rapids in the center of the river. Even the great blue heron I usually see was not there since it perches in the river had been covered with water. Near the Public Works department, a mockingbird was watching us closely from the bush with the red berries. It posed for my camera for a short time, lost interest, and then flew deeper into the bush and out of sight. On the way out of the park, I saw a few birds in a tree on my left. I stopped the car, rolled down the window and took some photos of a bluebird and a white-throated sparrow that were nicely lighted with the afternoon sun. It was another great day on the Riverwalk trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment